Here are some fitness training tips to help you get the body you want by this summer.
1. You can’t out-train a bad diet. Start eating fresh and home cooked foods and eliminate fast food immediately.
2. Be smart when eating out, make the right choices; order extra veggies instead of the rice or pasta or potatoes that may come with your entrée.
3. Drink water. A dehydrated body will not lose fat. Shoot for 50% of your bodyweight in ounces. If you weigh 150 lbs, try to drink 75 ounces of water.
4. To burn the most fat in the least amount of time do full body circuit training workouts with minimal rest in between.
5. Don’t take fat loss advice from just anyone.
6. Your thoughts dictate your actions and your mindset. Focus on what you want (Nice abs, tight and toned legs and arms) rather than what you don’t want.
7. Doing exercise with someone else, like a personal trainer or a friend, is one of the best ways to stick to a workout program.
8. Always make sure your exercise program is constantly changing in some way so your body never hits a plateau. This means changing the intensity, adding more weight or doing more reps. Bootcamps and interval training are great for this.
9. Aim for 4-6 meals a day spread out every 2-3 hours.
10. Seek a personal trainer to help you achieve your goals especially in areas you are weak in.
11. Turn off the TV and go for a walk.
12. Adopt a long term mindset when trying to achieve a goal. Nothing happens overnight. Don’t become complacent.
13. It takes way more energy to be positive than negative. Choose to consciously be optimistic and positive and you will attract more good things in life to you. 14. Find alternative ways to stay active that are fun for you and others
15. Comfort zones are meant to be broken out of. Performing uncomfortable tasks, activities and new habits will help you create more confidence in yourself and the self-esteem to keep losing weight and working hard.
16. Try to get 7-9 hours of sleep each day.
17. With a Heart Rate Monitor you check out how many calories you burn every workout. This is a great way to monitor your intensity and make sure you are “bringing it” to each and every workout!
18. If you track your food intake and control your calories you will inevitably lose weight.
19. When working out for fat and weight loss stick with compound exercises that hit multiple muscle groups such as a squat and press, pushups and lunges and curls.