1. Goodbye to 500 calories in 40-minutes
Not everyone enjoys running for hours on a treadmill in the hope of shedding that guilty weight. The average individual is likely to burn up to 500 calories (or 2 000kJ) during a 40-minute class!
2. Lower risk of injury and embarrassmentTraining on a stationary bicycle ensures a low-impact workout that’s far easier on your joints and reduces the risk of injury. Bonus: apart from avoiding embarrassment (after tumbling off the treadmill), you’ll also look super-professional and in control of your workout.
3. Less thinking, more fun!Gone are the angst-riddled nights of planning your workouts… and never sticking to them – there’s that guilt again. A spin class save you time, it also allows you to free your mind and transport your body to a peaceful place, without having to look at a piece of paper and lose count of those reps. Your sole task? Listening to the voice of the instructor. Everyday obstacles can now be tackled effectively after a powerful workout that doubles as stress release.
4. All-in-one exerciseSpin classes are usually divided into four types of exercises: speed, endurance, power and combination, which are scheduled throughout the week on different days and at different times. This allows you to integrate all the important aspects of training into your weekly fitness regime without having to switch equipment or ask the regulars for help (all the time). For best results: mix it up! This way, boredom can’t touch your fun workout.
5. Firmer everything!Once committing to the spinning regime, your entire body will slowly but surely start to firm up. Due to high-intensity interval training (HIIT), you’ll fry fat by cycling, melt away the kilojoules and build muscles – all at the same time! A class targets the large muscle groups (calves, hamstrings and thighs) in your legs to shape up fast, whilst strengthening the abdominal muscles, necessary to maintain your upper body rhythm.
Looking for more ways to get your cardio fix? The experts say that this heart-pumping workout will banish your tummy in half the time!
Source: Women's Health